Week 10- Moviemaker

This week I learned that Movie Maker existed!  I somehow have never seen it on my computer before. It seems to be really cool and easy to use. I like how you can break down a video bit by bit, add sound and effects (transitions). I think it would be cool to make a video of the school year for my class and then put it in a video for them at the end of the year. There are just so many things you could do with this. I’m glad that we have to create a movie because it made me think a lot about how to incoporate it in reading. Usually I tend to use software like this in math or science. So basically, everything we went over was new learning for me… uploading pictures, videos, adding in transitions, music, how to add a title and how to save and convert files!

2 thoughts on “Week 10- Moviemaker

1. Jenn-

Glad to hear that you have possibly found a new tool to use and that you are excited about it. Woo hoo. What video tools have you used in the past?

I look forward to seeing your movie.

Matt

2. Jenn-

Hi. With the video, were the kids supposed to make up a word that would be onomotapoeia? Maybe it would have helped for me to see the worksheet that would go with it. I do think that this could be an interesting way to reinforce the concept and good for them to share and even determine whether an answer was correct or not. Using their own field trip would make a personal connection which will help to reinforce the learning.

Matt